Sunday, February 10, 2013

2-10

 
 
 
 

Yesterday was a busy day! We cleaned the boat and prepped to leave the dock at Clarks Court Marina. Most of the varnishing is back up to my high expectations and all the stainless is polished. We motored out toward the channel when we saw a Tug towing a large barge of sand toward us, a call from the captain ask me if I would stand off and let him get through first, you can see in the picture. I apologize for lack of captions on pictures as it seems to only work at random. The rainbow was the night before we left and was really beautiful in person. The guy eating the dead snake is Tony the captain of Calibuig a 100ft Camper Nicolson, he invited us aboard to see her and have a coldy. As you can see in the pictures she was a big boat at 84tons and twin 240 hp diesels. The afternoon was spent making frozen rum smoothies and resting before going to De Big Fish bar for Happy ARRR and met up with former market bus mates Collen & Jeanne from their boat "Divided Sky", they invited us to coffee aboard at 9 AM. You can track their sailing at http://www.gryc.com.au/crusing/cruising-stories/ Divided Sky, they just finished over 11,000 miles. We had coffee and bikkies which we had never had before and were quite nice. I might mention on our way back to the Raindancer last night we had a nasty encounter with some asshole sailors yelling expletives about my led Christmas lights on the railing around the cockpit telling me I didn’t have a *&*clue as to proper navigation lights to display, he would not come close enough for me to knock him out of his dinghy but I sure wanted to. Just a note on this I was the only one around displaying an Anchor light all the other boats had nothing.

 
 

"Batman" and his catch of Lobster & Conch.








Collin & Jeanne of "Divided Sky" you can just see the Bikkies to right of the milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment