Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Roseau Dominica


Making the passage to Dominica was fast!  I put up a double reefed main and let out all of the 130 genoa and Raindancer took off.  Mason’s love a good beam reach and she was in her element, making high 7’s and sometimes hitting 8.  Of course there was a little current helping me out.  About 10 miles out I looked back to see my fishing had finally hit pay dirt.  The problem was I was getting big seas hitting the starboard beam spinning the stern around so the auto pilot just wouldn’t hold for long, so I was steering with my feet and pulling in the fish.  I was disappointed to see it was a dang ole barracuda, I had my whiskey bottle handy to put him down if need be but was able to get him unhooked with some needle nose and back in the water.  In case you were wondering I always kill them with a shot of alcohol to the gills, it just seems kinder to die of alcohol poisoning than being clubbed to death and a shot for the fisherman is not bad in celebration ether.   My new boat boy is Poncho and his side kick Dwight, he’s seems a good sort and is listed in the guide book.  He and his wife arrange island tours, provide internet, whale watching excursions, moorings and just about anything you can think of.  I cleared in and partook of some local brew and enjoyed the people and sites.  People here are very friendly and the harbor safe as they have a security boat making rounds all the time, no worries mon!

 


 7.9!

No comments:

Post a Comment