Friday, February 22, 2013








I  sailed up to Walliabou St Vincent which is where the first Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed, quite a place as most of the old set remains.  Off the coast of St Vincent I encountered two young boys waving their arms wanting help so I sailed close and could see they were able to row just fine even though they were about a mile off shore.  They wanted me to take them in tow to Walliabou which I told them I could not tow them.  They had no water and begged for water so I threw them my cockpit gallon and they seemed happy. Amazing that they would go off shore with no supplies whatsoever but have come to depend on the generosity of yachtsmen for whatever they need.  I came into Walliabou and was met about a mile out by a man rowing named Elan who is a boat boy offering to help with mooring.  I figured he was pretty industrious so why not.  I picked the last mooring in the bay and he took a tied together line out to a piling for the Stearn.  He gave me a ride to the shore and I took a walk and ran into Rosco and Richardo at a plywood bar on the beach, even the walls reeked of ganja.....Richardo said he was in the movie with Jack Sparrow with blown away red eyes. He asked if I owned a boat out in the harbor to which I replied no just the paid captain working for da man......he said I could have a beer with him in that case. Elan told me he was working for the film crew on the movie making 5EC an hour cleaning the beach that's less than 2 US dollars per hour, SOB's..... I took lots of pictures around so enjoy.  I met all the boat boys Begga, Speedy, Smiley and Bob, Bob asked if I had anything to eat so I gave him a tin of sardines which he shared with his 12 year old daughter, they were in a row boat in which he had made oars out of tree limbs and oar locks from rope, his daughter was bailing all the time as it leaked badly.  Sailing to Humming bird or Marrigot Bay St Lucia in the AM early.......More pics to come but the upload just stopped sorry I am in da islands mon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment